Monday, May 20, 2013

It's the first day of the rest of my life!


Hi all,

Always remember that each new day is the first day of the rest of your life.  A life that may be short or may be very long.  We just never know when our lives will be over.  Every human likes to think that they'll go from toddlers, to teens, to young adults, to middle aged adults and then on into old age.  That's the way we'd like our lives to go.  Unfortunately, it doesn't always work out the way we want.  In fact, life very seldom ever ends up the way we plan it to go.

There's a lot we can do to make our lives work out well.  We can trust in God and  work hard every day to succeed at whatever we choose to do.  We can grow up and accept the consequences of all our bad choices, as well as the good ones we make.  We can love with all our heart and soul.  We can be truthful and honest and try our best to be good and faithful spouses, parents and friends.
.

I'd like to believe that most of us choose to try our best to accomplish all the things I mentioned above.  Sometimes, as hard as we try, things just don't work out the way we'd like.  Don't let this get you down.  Stay strong and keep doing what you know is right. 

Many times in life, God sets us on a path, without us even knowing it.  I've had many experiences during my lifetime which were extremely painful and hurtful for me.  But, I choose not to dwell on those times.  I prefer to remember the good times, the learning times, the loving times, and the growing times in my life. 

Because of my chronic illness, my lifestyle has changed drastically.  Don't misunderstand me, I am not complaining in any way.  I am so thankful that God had plans for me yet, on this earth.  That, of course, is why I write.  It's the only way I can give back. 

If even one person reads something I've written and smiles, learns somethings, or is helped in any way, then I've succeeded in my endeavor.  How about you?  What are you hoping to accomplish with your life?

Note:  If anyone is interested in a hard copy of my novel, "Crafty-Cruise" With A Capital "C", I have fifteen copies left.  Please let me know, as they will go quickly.  The cost is $11.00, plus shipping.

I hope this first day of the rest of your life is a great one.  This photo is a picture of the flowers my husband gave me almost two weeks ago.  I can't believe how beautiful they still are.
Susan

No comments: