Saturday, July 14, 2018

Saturday's Mercy Minutes...

Divine Mercy Daily

Help Me Withstand Temptations

 

Meditation:

[St. Faustina was tempted repeatedly by Satan against her vocation of proclaiming God’s mercy and praying for mercy for souls, especially sinners (see Diary, 1496-1499):]
At that moment, I saw Jesus, who said, I am pleased with what you are doing. And you can continue to be at peace if you always do the best you can in respect to this work of mercy. Be absolutely as frank as possible with your confessor.
Satan gained nothing by tempting you, because you did not enter into conversation with him. Continue to act in this way. You gave Me great glory today by fighting so faithfully (Diary, 1499). 

My Prayer Response:

Lord, may I be faithful to my vocation at times of temptation. May I not enter into temptation by conversation with the Evil One. By the grace of Your presence, help me to withstand temptations.
*Diary passages with bolded words are Jesus speaking

No comments: