Saturday, July 28, 2018

Saturday's Mercy Minutes...

Divine Mercy Daily

It Is All Grace

 

Meditation:

I have noticed that, from the very moment I entered the convent, I have been charged with one thing; namely, that I am a saint. But this word was always used scoffingly. At first, this hurt me very much, but when I had risen above it, I paid no attention to it. However, when on one occasion a certain person [perhaps Father Sopocko] suffered because of my sanctity, I was very pained that, because of me, others can experience some unpleasantness. And I began to complain to the Lord Jesus, asking why this should be so, and the Lord answered me, Are you sad because of this? Of course, you are a saint. Soon I Myself will make this manifest in you, and they will pronounce the same wordsaint, only this time it will be with love (Diary, 1571).

My Prayer Response:

Lord Jesus, help me not to be ashamed of my striving for sanctity. Sanctity is all Your gift; it is all grace. Remind me that sanctity is not a private love affair with You, Lord — You have called all of us to “be holy, because I am holy” (1 Pet 1:16; Lev 10:2).
*Diary passages with bolded words are Jesus speaking

No comments: